Summer Goals

Hello! So I know most people are out of school right now or are currently taking exams. I would just like to congratualate you for getting through the year, no matter how your grades are! I know for my school, practically everyone has a 4.0+ GPA and I was frantically studying trying to maintain that (I did!!!) I literally cried when I found out, I had all A's (it was bad).
So, I would also like To present my goals for the summer to you. During the school year, promises we make to ourselves can get overrun by sports and academics. You think you will be able to do something but when it comes down to it- it's nearly impossible. I mean who can try to read Les Miserables while trying to write three essays and two speeches at once? (if you can do this, I applaud you) So here's my list
 
1.) learn/get ahead in Spanish- the past seven years I have taken Latin and it has had its moments over the years. Finally, my school has aloud us to choose another language to learn. But listen to this, we either have to take Biblical Greek (so basically seminary) or Spanish. I am one to take the easy route, so I am now enrolled in Spanish next year. I really wanted to try and get ahead a little because I don't want to have to struggle in the school year. So that is why I am trying to learn Spanish!
 
2.) Read Count of Monte Cristo- my book club is reading this, this summer and I have always wanted to read this book after seeing the movie where Jim Cavisel (aka Jesus in The Passion) plays the main character Edmond Dantes. The story has always intrigued me because it is basically one of the original "underdog" novels.
 
3.) basically just read a lot
 
4.) Blog more- This year has been very hectic and finally I will have a lot of time on my hands where I will be able to blog to my hearts content! I'm so excited for this next season of my life and cant wait to share it with you!
 
5.) Slay at work- so this summer is my first time ever working and I am so excited for this amazing opportunity. I'm hoping to do very well because I really need a good recommendation for what I want to do next summer. I really want to be a surgeon and to get into the programs I want to partake in in college, I need some experience in the medical field. I live in a big city with one of the most prestigious Children's hospital in America and I am really hoping I can get an internship there next year!
 
So what are your top goals for the summer?

Comments

Popular Posts